From autonomous industrial robots to self-charging drones and chatbot platforms, we're building it and you can be part of it. Motius is a research and development company specializing in the development of products and prototypes in the latest tech fields (AI, IoT, AR/VR and many more). With the unique combination of a permanent core team and an interdisciplinary tech community, we reinvent R&D and develop the tech products of the future together with our customers.
As Senior Machine Learning/ Deep Learning Engineer (m/f/d) you're a permanent part of our A.I. Cluster and join our diverse R&D projects (each ~3-9 months duration) in small and agile teams as Lead Engineer. You can find sample projects in our Motius Success Stories.
In this role, you'll not only be part of 1 or 2 of our exciting projects, but you'll also help our A.I. cluster to become constantly better, e.g. by creating reusable components and assets or by coaching and mentoring younger engineers during their career development. In addition, our tech clusters are responsible for creating roadmaps and evaluating upcoming technologies and programming languages to be realized in future projects. Internally we call this position Tech Specialist.
- Lead Engineer in our R&D projects with engineering teams of 2-5 people
- Building real A.I. solutions for various industries and for different use cases - from a first PoC and MVP to fully operating applications
- Mostly working with the team in the HQ in Munich or remotely - we don't do customer-on-site consulting
- Defining the right tech stack and setting up the architecture for the projects
- Following a two-weekly Scrum process using GitLab, Jira, Slack, Continous Integration & Delivery, etc.
- Mentoring and coaching younger engineers, making sure we build high quality products
- Constantly improving our A.I. cluster and building up knowledge by introducing new tools, best practices or frameworks and sharing learning from our projects
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering with focus on A.I. or in similar disciplines
- At least 2-5 years of experience in agile software development and with state-of-the-art Deep Learning & Machine Learning approaches & models (for example in Reinforcement Learning, GANs, Graph Neural Networks, CNNs, RNNs, Transformers,Natural Language Processing etc)
- Strong experience in Python and with various libraries/frameworks (e.g. numpy, scipy, pandas, sklearn, Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.)
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications/digital product
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions for our clients
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written), German is a plus
- Unique and inspiring working culture with many smart engineers from diverse backgrounds (e.g. software developers, Embedded system engineers, Mechanical engineers, Computer Vision researchers etc.) coming from over 15 different countries
- Exciting insights into the markets, technologies and products of the future through collaboration with clients from a wide range of industries plus the opportunity to accelerate our clients' innovation cycles
- Fulltime & permanent employment as a Tech Specialist and a defined Talent Journey for your further development, as well as regular peer reviews
- Learning & development budget and our regular Tech Discovery for learning and discovering new technologies
- Pushing and realizing the topics that you're interested in and using Motius as a machine for that
- Other perks & benefits of a startup: Lots of flexibility and responsibility, flat hierarchies, regular teambuilding and company events, free access to our workshop area and also to Makerspace, you can find more details and reasons why you should join Motius in our latest blog post and on Instagram @team_motius.
We are looking forward to receiving your application with CV, motivation letter, possible start date and salary expectation.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.