Interested in an exciting challenge coupled with innovation, passion for Data Science and a responsibility that will bring real benefits to human and animal health? Here it is!
Our Central Data Science team is responsible for developing data-driven solutions together with all business units of Boehringer Ingelheim. We work in international, cross-functional teams with domain experts to explore and harness the potential of Data Science for our business.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work with data and build applications related to human and animal health. In each project, you will work collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning and scalable applications that meet business goals.
Tasks & responsibilities
- With your deep knowledge in Data Science, you will guide the organization about the business potential and strategy of Data Science/Machine Learning.
- You will take over the responsibility for designing, creating and deploying data and modeling pipelines as well as integrating model performance management tools.
- Furthermore, you will identify data-driven and customer-focused business opportunities and collaborate across the business units to understand data, IT and business constraints.
- With your experience in building end2end digital product you will help guide product teams through our phase model and implement a fail-fast culture
- In addition to that, you will apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques, generate hypotheses about the underlying mechanics of the business process together with domain experts and test those hypotheses using various quantitative methods.
- You will identify, evaluate and implement the most appropriate algorithm for the specific challenge and integrate it into a digital product.
- Finally, you influence the direction, productivity and achievement of the objectives and give guidance to more junior colleagues.
- At least Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- Several years of relevant work experience in planning and executing Data Science projects
- Experience with developing predictive and prescriptive algorithms and optimization techniques as well as a profound understanding of the mathematical concepts of these algorithms
- Extensive development experience with Python
- Experience with setting-up, administrating and querying SQL and NoSQL as well as with the Hadoop stack
- Hands-on experience in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows, query performance tuning as well as developing task specific data models
- Ability to strategize and proactively develop innovative concepts and ideas
- Ability to foster an open-minded, fail and learn culture
- Experience on AWS is a plus
- Fluent English skills, verbal and written
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.