Senior Backend Engineer - Forecasting at Glovo
At Glovo we are constantly looking for passionate and experienced engineers to join our team Barcelona office for the dispatching team. You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering strategic, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know, and are always eager to learn something new.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high quality solutions
- Participate in high-level technical decisions
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Mentor and empower other developers around you
- Not be limited to one product but be involved in all aspects of Glovo
- Be an active participant on our Engineering community by contributing to committees, RFCs, workshops
- Computer science or similar degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Java Skills and deep understanding of the JVM: memory management, multithreading, profiling, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and Software architecture, etc.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in development: Solid Principles, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Sound experience with API design, relational databases and ORMs
- You have shipped and maintained distributed services with a DevOps mindset
- You know how to deal with complex codebases
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of engineers
- Communicate well and be willing to engage with your teammates in group problem solving
- Good English
- Experience running code in the cloud and using laaS and PaaS solutions, especially AWS
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Kotlin or Go skills
- Native mobile skills (iOS-Swift and/or Android-Kotlin)
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs