Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Making Autonomous Shipping a Reality! at Captain AI
We offer a job as a machine learning engineer in an exciting, high tech environment within an enthusiastic team of highly skilled people. The team consists of other machine learning engineers and software and hardware engineers.
Your role would be to support the team in developing algorithms to model the environment of a boat based on sensor inputs such as radar, cameras, AIS (a marine positioning system) and other sensors. We are currently collecting such datasets from several real-world vessels , structuring and visualising them in the cloud. Your role would be in creating pipelines that ingest these datasets, clean and structure them, and use them to train and deploy predictive models.
The job allows you to grow personally and further develop yourself along with the growth of the company. We enjoy working hard, but also take time to celebrate achievements.
As a machine learning engineer we expect you to understand the problem we are trying to solve at a high level and come up with appropriate technical solutions. We value people who are able to iterate quickly, trying out a few solutions before settling on the best one given the time constraints. As a start-up we prefer having adequate solutions fast rather perfect solutions too late.
Any models you develop will be tested against a simulator that will give us a good insight if it has an added value to the complete pipeline
- Come up with new machine learning models that will help extract high level information from noisy sensor input. A typical example includes detecting ships in radar or camera
- Model traffic behavior based on positions and sensor data
- Apply transfer learning to models trained in simulation so that they become usable in the real-world
- Construct models of a ship’s dynamics to improve our understanding of its effect on the environment and the path planning in particular
- 3-4 years of experience working in a machine learning (or similar) role
- Experience with developing, deploying and monitoring machine learning models
- Experience with programming in Python
- Experience with frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch
- MSc level in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics or relevant field
- Basic knowledge of database tools such as SQL, etc.
- Affinity with deep learning
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and pragmatic problem-solving capability
- Able to communicate clearly, work independently and manage time
This job requires working on site at our office in Rotterdam.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs