Data Scientist - Customer Insight at Lenovo
Position Description:Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter. Lenovos fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. We are looking for the person who challenges the ordinary and seeks to innovate in learning, while also balancing execution.Data is driving Lenovos success and growth. Our Global Business Intelligence team has developed the big data platform and connected visualization software to make the data more accessible. To accelerate that growth, we are expanding our advanced analytics team to further enhance our usage of machine learning algorithms. The dynamic talent that will fill this role will have the opportunity to:
- Develop machine learning models/predictive analytics techniques leveraging both repeatable patterns in data and discovering new trends that lead to customer experience improvements, cost reduction, and device quality & reliability level predictions.
- Solve challenging data problems anywhere from data cleaning, to building a concept of the model to extracting the right features and testing the model to drive better decision making through various data and statistical modeling techniques, algorithm development involving real-world noisy data.
- Quickly understand challenging business problems, find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data. Perform data analysis, predictions, discovery, distill complex science down to digestible insight, unlock repeatable patterns that can become actionable foresight.
- Think critically about the relationships of different metrics measured and process steps to land the right features for a given model
- Challenge current best thinking, test theories, evaluate feature concepts and iterate rapidly owning the deliverables and managing the priorities/timelines
- Prototype creative solutions quickly, and lead others in crafting and implementing superior technical vision.
- Demonstrate insatiable curiosity and critical thinking skills to solve problems
- Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or Information Systems.
- Skills in Python, R and SQL Workbench
- Solid fundamental knowledge of machine learning algorithms, data mining, classification, clustering, regression, Bayesian modeling, probability theory, algorithm design and theory of computation, linear algebra, partial differential equations, Bayesian statistics, and information retrieval
- Masters degree in Applied Mathematics or Statistics is preferred
- Proven ability to drive projects forward and effectively communicate progress and/or barriers to stakeholders
- Experience in natural language processing techniques and text analytics
- Possesses strong combination of theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in data mining, feature selection, dimensionality reduction, statistical techniques, regression analysis, machine learning algorithms and failure prediction
- Experience with machine learning and statistical tools and technologies, leveraging R, JMP, or SAS for modeling and visualization, including developing R scripts and other scripting languages like Python, Perl.
- Experience/proficiency in at least one compiled/object oriented programming language e.g. Java/C++.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, BigQuery, MapReduce, etc. and parallelization tools in enterprise Big Data Platform stack, technologies and ecosystem is a strong plus
- Highly motivated, team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong communication and collaboration skills, self-starter with willingness to learn, master new technologies and clearly communicate results to technical and non-technical audience
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs