As Image Data Scientist you will develop innovative and accurate algorithms and tools for multiple therapeutic areas across several imaging modalities (H&E, IHC, mIF, IMC, PET/CT), being fully connected with AstraZeneca’s translational medicine, software development and data sciences teams.
The role also includes exchange with the scientific Artificial Intelligence community by publications and conference presentations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support business insight through the manipulation and analysis of data from histopathology, radiology, transcriptomics and genomics, using heuristic and machine learning and/or deep learning methodologies.
- Manipulate and prepare data (structured and unstructured) prior to analysis, develop advanced image and data analysis algorithms, present the data to help impart insight as well as the ability to articulate the implication of such insight.
- Contribute to algorithm libraries and enabling tools and components. Engage with the scientific community and directly with consumers in the translational medicine projects, understanding the computer and data science, the business problem, developing the appropriate analytics strategy and ensuring value creation from the insight by the business.
- Support the development, training and coaching of data scientists and engineers to ensure the dissemination of latest scientific research and cutting-edge software prototypes to the wider team.
- Support the evangelism of Data Science and the Art of the Possible in this emerging field by major scientific publications, oral conference presentations and seminars.
- Scientific and/or technical project management of multi-national, multi-disciplinary projects within AstraZeneca and with external partners.
- Ph.D. degree in computer sciences, mathematics, physics, bioinformatics or comparable degree, with a focus on machine learning and deep learning.
- Multi-national, multi-disciplinary project management experience.
- Proven track record of major scientific publications and conference contributions in the field of machine learning for biomedical imaging and/or data analysis.
- 3+ years of experience working on image and/or data analysis software using Python/R and deep learning technologies.
- Applied knowledge on clinical biostatistics e.g. Kaplan Meier analysis, feature selection, cross-validation and multiple testing.
- Working experience with analysis of translational science data is beneficial
- Scientific excellence and passion to work on innovative approaches to image and data analysis challenges in translational medicine.
- Talent to conceptualize, create, communicate and implement novel scientific ideas aligned with the translational medicine strategy.
- Keeps pace with latest advances in the field of machine learning e.g. weakly supervised learning, semi-supervised learning, generative and adversarial learning, self-supervised learning, attention learning.
- Close collaborations with interfacing departments (pathology, image analysis, translational sciences, software development) and translational medicine project groups within AstraZeneca.
- Is a delivery-driven individual who enjoys working in an informal, collegial and innovative workplace.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
We are looking forward to your application!
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.