Software Engineer - Metric Specialist at Facebook
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking experienced Software Engineers who will focus on Data Pipeline development for metric-focused teams. Understanding peoples experiences across Facebooks products is key to the companys success. These teams build company-wide metrics that provide a holistic view of product health across Facebooks family of apps and services, so teams throughout the company can effectively work together to ship great products. Our work spans the big data stack: instrumentation and telemetry, data quality, schema design, large-scale data processing, monitoring systems, and reporting. The ideal candidate has experience engineering reliable metrics for consumer applications and services at scale, and is passionate about being part of a team of measurement experts to meet the companys most critical measurement needs.
- Develop standard instrumentation libraries for collecting core behavior signals across multiple client apps, client operating systems, and device types
- Devise methods for measuring and monitoring instrumentation quality, and analyze data quality of raw log data
- Build scalable data pipelines for processing raw events into standardized metrics
- Choose optimal data infrastructure technologies for data processing efficiency and correctness
- Develop methods for measuring and monitoring metric accuracy, and perform data analysis investigations to assess differences
- Build tools for automating the process of investigating and triaging metric quality issues
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years software engineering experience
- Experience building and managing metrics pipelines
- Experience with distributed data processing systems such as Hadoop, MapReduce, or Spark
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or PHP
- A passion for working with big data to improve peoples experiences
- Experience building measurements of user behavior on web and mobile applications
- Experience with relational databases and query languages
- Experience using data analysis to measure and diagnose metric accuracy
- Experience building systems to monitor measurement quality
- Experience with ETL systems and batch workflow job scheduling
- Experience with stream processing frameworks such as Storm or Spark Streaming
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs