Senior Software Developer at Cassini Technologies B.V
Senior Software Engineer
Location: The Hague
Who are we?
Cassini Technologies pioneers smart, superior corneal diagnostic solutions that are affordable, fast and user-friendly, providing care providers worldwide with advanced technology that best serves their patients. Cassini helps cataract surgeons to better understand properties of the total cornea, in order to improve outcomes and increase premium procedure volume and patient satisfaction.
Cassini Technologies is a dynamic company within the Ophthalmology space. The company is growing rapidly and our product (Cassini Corneal Shape Analyzer) is sold to cataract surgery clinics directly as well as through a distribution network. In addition to the distribution network, Cassini Technologies works with strategic partnerships to drive commercialization.
The Corneal Shape Analyzer has obtained CE, FDA, Korean FDA, Chinese FDA approval and the company is ISO 13485:2016 certified. With a fast-growing global installed base, a highly talented team, and a very exciting development roadmap, Cassini Technologies is looking for an ambitious Research Engineer to help the company improve its next generation Cassin device.
What do we offer?
When you work for Cassini Technologies you have a customer centric focus, also when they are your direct colleagues. The Cassini team is a young and dynamic and international group, with more than 50% of the colleagues being from outside the Netherlands. We are proactive and pragmatic. We prefer colleagues who have a proven track record, so we can give them the freedom to be successful in their line of work. In this role you will work within the R&D team. You will be located at our head office which is conveniently located within 3 minutes walking distance of the Central Station in The Hague.
Who are we looking for?
You should have M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Biomedical, Computer Science, Image Processing, Physics or related fields.
You also need to be the type that is committed to results, proactive, pragmatic and a self-starter. There are times when you need to be flexible and able to handle ever changing situations. You will also require the ability to work with multi-cultural teams. As with any team you need to have excellent communication and reporting skills and must be open to constructive criticism.
The Cassini team recruits on the basis of core values, leadership attributes and proven expertise. The company believes in the equal importance of personality (the will) and the ability to deliver (the skill).
- Write clean, quality, high-performance and maintainable code
- Develop and document features, improvements and bug fixes and their unit tests over existing and new features and products based on coding standards, requirements and design
- Participate in entire product development lifecycle
- Participate in tests when required
- Participate in peer reviews
- Bring forward creative ideas and solutions to real product problems
- Interface with various internal teams throughout the product development cycle to resolve any possible technical issues related to the features/bugs
- Support the transitions of algorithms from research to real-time software/hardware
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Expertise in object-oriented programming, database design and XML
- Good understanding of writing safe code and design patterns
- Good understanding of human vision system
- Ability to independently analyse and resolve issues
- Experience in the medical device industry is considered a strong advantage
- Experience in image processing, computer vision, applied mathematics is considered a strong advantage
- Experience in GoogleTest is considered an advantage
- Minimum 8 years’ experience developing software of which:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant C++ development (preferably your are currently working with C++)
- Minimum 2-year Qt development
- Minimum 1-year relevant Python development
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs