Director, Incident Management at Facebook
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for a leader to lead a new Incident Management function as part of the Privacy product leadership team. This leader will drive company-wide effort understanding, mitigating, postmorteming and documenting Privacy related incidents. This role will need to partner closely with other leaders across the company to both federate the work and to communicate real time status to them. The role would involve reporting on status of the incidents to the highest levels of the company and working with communication team to enable effective external communication. (S)he will build and lead a team of engineers, project managers and analysts and build processes to ensure incidents are handled as effectively as possible.
This position is full-time and based at our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Build and maintain an organization composed of expertise across engineering, policy, operations and compliance
- Lead and coordinate the engineering investigation and scoping of incidents
- Support Facebook's internal and external incident reporting obligations
- Enable Facebook teams to understand and learn from prior incidents
- Collaborate on the evaluation of reporting regulations including how they will affect Facebook, how we will need to adjust our program to support them, and how we respond to them externally
- Provide executive leadership with visibility into incident
- Recognize when issues are more systemic and work with partners or product teams to prevent these incidents in the future
- During non-operational times, work on privacy related projects to improve Facebooks privacy posture
- Respond to incoming incident reports, triage them, and lead an organized response with our partners until closure using team procedures
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math/Finance, Physics, Applied Economics, Statistics or other technical field
- 15+ years of work experience, including hands-on technical management and proven contribution at both strategic and operational levels
- 5+ years of experience recruiting and managing technical teams
- 5+ years of experience in the domain of Privacy
- Experience in relationship management and working within a global organization
- Experience working on Privacy technical issue within Privacy Engineering or Privacy Compliance
- Experience working cross-functionally and the experience creating consensus with many different teams from technical to non-technical extremes
- Experience performing data analysis and SQL understanding
- Familiarity with privacy related laws, including in the U.S., and EU, e.g., GDPR
- Comfortable working in a fast changing privacy industry with an ever-changing legal landscape
- Thrives in working on open-ended, ambiguous problems
- Experience in providing technical leadership and guidance
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically with analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience in creating and managing teams
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs