Senior Software Engineer - Big Data at Telstra (India)
At Telstra, we have a clear purpose: to build a connected future so everyone can thrive. We believe it’s people who give purpose to our technology. So we are committed to staying close to our customers and providing them the best experience. And delivering the best technology.
This is where YOU come in, by playing your part in helping our customers connect: faster, better and smarter.
Who we are?
Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and technology company with a rich heritage that’s been built over 100 years. From our humble beginnings in the Postmaster General’s Office to the global business we are today our people have been at the forefront of technology innovation. More recently, we have the largest Internet of Things network in Australia and are leading the way in 5G. And this is just the beginning of what we’re hoping to achieve together.
We offer a full range of services and compete in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia and are the most well-known brand in technology and communications industry.
We have operations in more than 20 countries, including in India where we’ve opened an Innovation and Capability Centre (ICC) in Bangalore, and have a presence in Pune and Hyderabad. In India, we’ve set out to build a platform for innovative delivery and engagement that will strengthen our position as an industry leader. We’re combining innovation, automation and technology to solve the world’s biggest technological challenges in areas such as Internet of Things (IoT), 5G, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, and more.About the role:
Telstra Bangalore is looking out for Senior Software Engineer – Big Data , as a senior technical expert in the team, the role:
- Works with the capability Feature Team Lead and other team members to craft solutions that meet the strategic goals of the capability.
- Create technical components as designed by the solution engineer. However, applies intelligence, and works with the solution engineer to change designs if there is a better solution. May take on solution engineering role as required
- Assists other team members in creation of technical components
To be successful in the role:
Big Data Engineering Lead role is to plan, coordinate, and execute all activities related to the requirements interpretation, design and implementation of Big data and Machine Learning applications. This individual will apply proven industry and technology experience as well as communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to issues related to design, development, and deployment of mission-critical systems with a focus on quality application development and delivery.
This role is key to the success of the Enterprise Digitisation at Telstra and will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- With an experience of 7-12 years having experience with Primary skills as Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive, Hbase and Spark, Sqoop, Storm, Kafka, Python, Lamda Architecture, Hadoop Consumption and exposure to Google BIG Query, AWS, Azure, Talend/ETL, Reporting
- Ability to design and develop Big Data and Machine/Deep Learning Applications
- Ability to review vendor designs and recommended solutions based on industry best practises
- Ability to provide technical governance across Big Data and Machine/Deep Learning solutions at Telstra
- Design and develop reusable, scalable and secure big data applications
- Ensure optimized application performance with respect to throughput, cost and resource utilization
- Develop and maintain real-time streaming applications
- Understanding of building, deploying and maintaining big data applications on cloud
- Manage and administer Big data ecosystem
- Create development artefacts including design document, release notes and POV
- Assess and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Big Data and Machine/Deep Learning application solutions to ensure user requirements and business objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Understand overall business operations and develops innovative solutions to help improve productivity
- Ability to understand and design provisioning solutions at Telstra and how CRM interacts with provisioning layers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills needed to support enterprise high availability
- Coordinate with technical resource within and outside of B2B Digitisation.
- Monitor the process of software configuration/development/testing to assure quality deliverable.
- Ensure standards of QA are being met
- Review deliverables to verify that they meet client and contract expectations; Implement and enforce high standards for quality deliverables
- Analyses performance and capacity issues of the highest complexity.
- Demonstrate thought Leadership in Big data and Machine Learning.
- Assists leadership with development and management of new application capabilities to improve productivity
- Provide training and educate other team members around core capabilities and helps them deliver high-quality solutions and deliverables/documentation
- Self-Motivator to perform Design / Develop user requirements, test and deploy the changes into production.
What can we offer you?
Dynamic, innovative and knowledgeable, our people are the brains behind amazing achievements such as keeping on top of the latest technology or masterminding the store of the future. And because they share the same vision, they take the time to pass on their knowledge, mentor you, and guide you in your career path.Here you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the industry, people who are passionate about Telstra and technology, and who work together to achieve great things.
Not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary package, but there are a range of lifestyle products and services that you can access, including options to purchase additional leave, volunteer leave and the list goes on. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit our Telstra Careers Website: tel.st/allrolesflex
Sounds like you?
A career with us will give you a platform to shape tomorrow through technology. For you, that means helping us to push the boundaries of what’s possible today, and in the future. It also gives you the opportunity to empower millions helping businesses grow, evolve and reach their potential. At Telstra, you can thrive, your way. We foster new ideas, we embrace different ways of working and thinking, and we believe an inclusive and diverse team will lead us to innovate for the future.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs