Data Scientist at Slickdeals, LLC
Slickdeals is looking for an experienced data scientist with strong business acumen to join our rapidly growing Business Intelligence team. This role will have high visibility within the company, partnering with product, marketing, business development, and engineering teams. You will work with large volumes of social engagement and transaction data from with intent of discovering trends, analyzing patterns, as well as providing ad-hoc exploration to make ambiguous data actionable. Your work will impact new product ideation, marketing and engineering improvements, better our customer experience and impact strategic decisions.
- Process, cleanse and verify integrity of collected data
- Create anomaly detection systems for inbound data
- Evaluate, create and refine algorithms to optimize site performance metrics
- Partner with various stake holders to understand and translate business needs into actionable models
- Use machine learning, natural language processing, and other techniques to help identify new and optimize existing business opportunities
- Create, help execute, analyze and iterate on multi-variate tests across different mediums
- Mentor other team members looking to improve their understanding of data science and modeling concepts
- Champion data collection and accuracy standards across the organization
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Is a highly motivated, data driven self-starter
- Is proficient in data extraction using SQL, flat files, document stores, NoSQL, and other repositories
- Has strong understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (decision forests, collaborative filtering, boosting, feature scaling, dimensionality reduction, etc)
- Able to quickly investigate, learn and master new data sets
- Is passionate about data and its importance to the success of an organization
- Can communicate with various levels of stakeholders
- Thrives in team-based environment elevating all team members with their knowledge and improving own skills by learning from others
- 2+ years of applied data science experience
- 5+ years of experience in a data related or engineering field
- Experience with specialized modeling software (R, Python, Stata, SAS, etc)
- Understanding of Agile development process
- Experience with web/mobile properties, types and volumes of data they generate
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Experience with large data processing systems (Hadoop/Spark, etc)
- Experience with traditional web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Heap Analytics, etc)
- Experience with Cloud vendor solutions, such as AWS Personalize, GCP, Azure or Databricks
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs