Software Developer - Location-Based Intelligence at Apple
Our mission is to personalize the user experience on Apple devices based on where you go, when, and what those places mean to you. Youre experiencing our work whenever you see a suggested location in Maps or Calendar, or browse your Memories in Photos. Were working for you whenever your phone engages Do Not Disturb While Driving or remembers where you parked.
Were looking for motivated, expert technical leaders to help take our software to the next level of capability, quality, and impact! Do you have a background in software development, signal processing or location domain expertise like GPS, WiFi location, and are looking to move up the stack? Do you know SW development, and want to apply that experience to a deeply impactful and broadly applicable domain? Are you excited by the optimization problem of providing rich contextual intelligence within a constrained resource footprint? If any of these describe you, read on!
In this job, youll develop the next frontier of mobile technology, in partnership with teams in sensing, Siri, and apps. Hungry for the responsibility to work on complex problems from end to end? In this position, you will:
- Conceptualize, explore, and define new inferential and predictive location- and motion-based capabilities for Apple's platforms.
- Collect, curate, and analyze real-world data sets of varying size and complexity.
- Aggregate, filter, and cluster data from a variety of local sensors: GPS, WiFi, accelerometer, and others.
- Design and implement algorithms, then integrate them into production code.
- Test your work. Dog-food it. Collect metrics, and iterate. Dont forget to sweat the edge casesan issue that impacts 1% of a billion devices is a big issue.
A dedication to users privacy and security is core to how Apple does business. We want their devices to exhibit the intelligence and proactivity that can only come from deep contextual understanding. We dont want their sensitive data coming back to Apple or being exposed to third parties. Other companies tackle similar problems in very different ways. Our way is more work. We believe its worth it.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.