Algorithm Engineer, Connectivity at Facebook
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for an Algorithms Engineer to join Facebook Connectivity to develop products based on solutions to complex optimization problems. These products aim to bring more people around the world online, and to a faster internet, by driving more effective investment in communications infrastructure in developing areas. We are looking for candidates with a strong background in numerical optimization and machine learning, solid programming skills, and experience in scientific and mathematical software development. You will apply these skills to develop complex and advanced planning tools for communication networks, to drive both high-level business decisions around network investment and low-level detailed techno-economic network design decisions. This is a full-time position based in our Northridge office in Los Angeles.
- Develop mathematical formulations and optimization algorithms to solve complex techno-economic communication network problems
- Use statistics and machine learning to improve optimization algorithms using a variety of data sources
- Interact with customers, directly and through the product management team, to drive product development based on customer feedback
- Collaborate with front-end software engineers and product designers on user experience for products
- Develop infrastructure to package algorithms as scalable network planning products
- Apply mathematical and scientific programming skills to write efficient and robust code
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering field, with 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience developing algorithms for scientific or mathematical applications
- Experience writing software in a team setting and contributing to large, complex projects
- Knowledge of statistics and manipulation of large data sets for analytics
- Understanding of discrete mathematics, including graph theory and combinatorial optimization
- Knowledge of wireless communications and experience in the telecommunications industry
- Experience writing software in Python and C++
- Experience bringing optimization tools to market as full-fledged products, including development of a go-to-market strategy
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs