Data Engineer - Funda has a huge vision for the future and data is the key at funda
Funda’s Data Engineer is the king or queen of translation. You are able to speak all of our data languages and funnel them into a single clear stream that is workable for everyone. This is an important role within the organization as you also transform raw data into information that is invaluable for data-driven decision-making. Funda has a huge vision for the future and data is the key to help us achieve it.
At design level, you are able to assess the needs of both producers and consumers and maintain the architecture that best fits their needs. We are looking for someone with a level of independence, who is ambitious and wants to have an impact on a big company. Or, as one of your new colleagues puts it: “Working with data at funda is exciting for three reasons – the scale of the data we work with, the challenge of integrating disparate data sources, and the fact that all this data gives us a unique perspective on the real-estate market. It’s a truly great playground for any big-data engineer.”
You develop, maintain and test data architectures that capture, integrate and centralize the various data flowing from all our systems and processes. You’re responsible for making sure that data is accessible and ready for analysis by both Data Scientists and Data Analysts. You help and coach our other Data Engineer and you also empower teams to collect, measure and present metrics while thinking about the project they will work on next. We need someone to help the teams do that by selecting the right infrastructure and by making sure the right data is available.
One of your challenges is to centralize historical data in order for your colleagues to be able to run algorithms that check for specific trends in the data. As for now, we have multiple ways of tracking events, but there is no clear standard as yet. Storing statistics and interactions in a smart and maintainable way is a topic that you would like to dive into.
At funda, you won’t be locked away in a cubicle on a business park. As a Data Engineer, you'll work in the heart of Amsterdam, as part of a diverse 6-person data team. This team includes two Back-End Engineers (Joao and Liewe), two Data Scientists, another Data Engineer and your Head of Data.
You are an experienced Data Engineer who makes pragmatic and practical choices that allows us to move fast and gives us the guaranties we need. You also recognize yourself in the following:
- You have a bachelor or university degree in computer science or a similar quantitative field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- You have experience with ETL systems (e.g. Airflow), data modelling and the best practices of data warehousing;
- You are highly skilled in processing and/or analyzing data using SQL as well as a major programming (C#, Java) and/or scripting language (Python, Bash);
- You have experience with collecting event streams and transforming them into data lakes. Nice to have: experience integrating event streams with customer data platforms (like Segment and Google Analytics 360);
- You have experience with highly available, distributed systems for processing large datasets (e.g.: big data processing frameworks like Spark or Hadoop); Bonus points for hands-on experience with cloud-native big data platforms (like Google Cloud Dataproc or AWS EMR);
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure / cloud services (Google Cloud, Azure, AWS);
- You have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
This is what we offer
Funda offers you one of the most challenging jobs in your field. You’ll work in an amazing office in the heart of Amsterdam, with our own ‘funda square’ and an unobstructed view of the IJ river. You are within 2 tram stops of Amsterdam Central Station. That’s 5 minutes by bicycle or 15 minutes on foot. Whatever your pleasure.
You’ll be working with more than 130 great (international) minds, who will make you feel at home from the start. To us, it’s only logical to take good care of our talents, and therefore of you. If you come work to with us, we offer you:
- An excellent salary with an annual bonus scheme and 25 days off (you can buy more days if you need them).
- Flexible work hours.
- Reimbursements for your telephone, home internet, travel expenses, gym and part of your pension.
- Heavenly chair massages 6 times a year (during work hours).
- Chef-prepared fresh lunch every day, ranging from soups to salads, fresh bread rolls from the baker and a snack every Friday.
- Dinners, team outings, drinks and a birthday present.
- The opportunity to follow courses, congresses and classes. Because at funda, we believe that you’ve never learned enough. Also, you can get your creative juices flowing during our hackathons.
We like to act swiftly at funda. So here’s what you can expect from us:
You can apply by sending your résumé and cover letter (or video) via the application button.
Going to the next round? Then one of our recruiters will invite you for a telephone screening.
If you have passed the telephone screening, we will schedule that first job interview with you as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum of 2 rounds of interviews.
To case or not to case
Depending on the particular vacancy, a case might be part of the application process.
For more information you can contact our recruiter Kim Thomas, call +31- (0)6 15 02 74 86 or sent an email to email@example.com.
We take COVID-19 very seriously. Most funda employees are working from home. However, this does not stop us from striving for a swift and enjoyable recruitment process. Our procedures haven’t changed, they will just happen virtually. Our recruiters will stay in touch with you, every step of the way.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs