AI Research Engineer/Working in Japan at Medmain Inc.
Non-Japanese speakers welcomed!
The AI Research Engineer is expected to be familiar with current machine learning technologies and have experience with the design and implemention of AI applications for production. We are currently building up the development team to prepare for the product launch and recruiting the first core members. The team mainly consists of international group of staff in their 20's and 30's with an open environment.
Globally, there is a severe shortage of pathologists, doctors who specialize in visually analyzing samples from tissues of a patient under the microscope to diagnose diseases and cancers. The turnaround time to obtain diagnostic results can take weeks, which causes tremendous mental stress to the patients and diseases to worsen. With our AI-driven product, PidPort, pathologists can now obtain a pathologic diagnosis in approximately 30 seconds with a 98% diagnostic accuracy. Pathologists and advisors from all over the world are collaborating to develop our product. Our product demonstration will soon begin at both domestic and international university hospitals. Currently, we are expanding our operation and organization to prepare for the official launch of our product. In the future, we envision PidPort to become a leader in the pathology space for both developed and developing countries.
Live Sharks Tank '17 - First Prize Winner, San Francisco, U.S.A.
Latitude59 '18 - Estonia Awards, Estonia
NICT Entrepreneurs’ Challenge '18 - First Prize Winner (MIC Awards), Japan
NewsPicks "MAKEMONEY" '19 - First Prize Winner, Japan
The AI Engineer is responsible for understanding the business problems, identifying/applying right AI or cognitive computing technologies to solve problems, and the formulation and commercial deployment of PidPort. Mainly handling to develop AI application and algorithm Work on the continuous improvement of the stability of the product and the ease of use from the user's point of view. Work on quality improvement from the engineering standpoint through code review and team work. We are aiming to expand the product globally and planning to implement, develop and architecture the product including localization.
Technology Used on Site
Framework:Tensorflow, Keras etc.,
Image processing: OpenCV etc.,
*As for tech stack, this is not a must. We would like to discuss and decide as a team.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Machine learning research experience
- Computer vision expertise
- Strong Python coding skills
- Expertise in implementing deep learning models, especially for computer vision
- Knowledge of deep learning toolboxes
- Deep knowledge and experience about developing and evaluating machine learning models on a large scale
- Ability to communicate in English with team members
Desired Skills and Experiences
- PhD degree in computer science or related field, with the ability to develop interdisciplinary research and development
- Successful record of academic publications (international journals or top conferences) of computer vision, machine learning, or medical image computing. The hire will be responsible for keeping abreast of latest cognitive computing research and trends aligned with business needs
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Motivated in learning and exploring new technology
- Have intellectual curiosity and love for challenges
- Willing to solve world's social issues through IT and medical
- High degree of ownership and accountability, and an ability to solve and deal with shades of grey
- Enjoy creating new values as part of a team
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs