Senior Data Scientist (flexible analytic approach @ varying levels of precision) at British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI)
Reporting to the Director, Data & Analytics, the Senior Data Scientist is responsible for transforming the organization’s data into critical information and insights that support organizational performance. The Senior Data Scientist will develop and implement advanced analytical models to identify patterns, trends and opportunities that drive business outcomes. Working closely with internal Technology and business area stakeholders, s/he will facilitate the communication and adoption of data-driven decision making, and contributes to a strong data and analytics competency for BCI.
The position can be based in either Vancouver or Victoria with travel between the two cities.
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analytics professional
- Coding skills and deep proficiency with SQL, Python, R etc.
- Competence at manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Experience with version control systems (i.e. Git)
- Demonstrated statistical, machine learning and other data science skills and capability for delivering effective modeling and analytics results
- Must have excellent listening, communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand business problems and bridge the gap between data analysis results and meaningful business insights
- Knowledge of the investment management industry
- Collaborates with team members, other IT teams, and customers to understand the organization’s business objectives, decisions and data in order to build the most effective analytical models
- Uses statistical and mathematical techniques to undertake analysis including forecasting, segmentation and predictive modelling
- Applies current and emerging techniques in deep learning, natural language processing and other machine learning areas
- Designs, develops and conducts data science experiments and communicates the results to foster data and analytics literacy and adoption
- Designs, develops and implements cloud-based AI and machine learning production pipelines
- Ensures AI and machine learning production pipelines are scalable, repeatable and secure
- Integrates structured and unstructured data from multiple sources for use in models and products
- Collects, cleans, manages, analyzes and visualizes large sets of data using multiple data platforms, tools and techniques
- Leads other internal resources on ad-hoc data and analytics requests, investigations, pilot studies, proofs of concept, and projects
- Enhances data collection procedures to include information that is relevant to building advanced analytical models and provides input to other internal resources on the applications, databases and systems used to assess data quality
- Communicates data science complexities in plain language to technical and non-technical audiences and develops reports and presentations
- Keeps up to date with the latest technology trends and methods by staying abreast of state-of-the-art literature in the fields of deep learning, operations research, machine learning, statistical modeling, statistical process control and mathematical optimization
- Identifies issues and risks, develops action plans, and takes corrective actions as needed
- Undertakes special projects or assignments as required
- Performs other related duties as required
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs