Analyst, Data Governance (data management practices) at British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI)
The Technology department is responsible for developing technology solutions that contribute to the achievement of BCI’s mission and long-term goals. The department manages the Corporation’s business applications and information technology infrastructure, providing support to a large group of financial professionals. The department is also responsible for authoring technology-related directives and conducting disaster recovery planning to minimize risk to the Corporation’s delivery of investment services.
The Data & Analytics function is responsible for the governance, architecture and engineering of BCI’s data assets. It also provides reporting, insights and data science capabilities to its customers.
Reporting to the Director, Data & Analytics, the Analyst, Data Governance is responsible for supporting data-driven decision-making and ensuring that high quality data is available for the organization’s consumption. The Analyst, Data Governance will develop, support and continually improve a data governance program, and identify and address priority data quality issues. S/he will enhance data management practices throughout the data lifecycle and is instrumental in improving the reliability
and accuracy of our data assets.
The position can be based in either Vancouver or Victoria with travel between the two cities.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline and/or a relevant professional designation
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a data and analytics role with direct responsibility for data management practices
- Experience with requirements gathering, business analysis and process design
- Knowledge of data modeling, data architecture and data structures
- Knowledge of and proficiency with SQL, ETL, ERP systems, data governance tools
- Excellent listening, communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the investment management industry
- Collaborates with team members, other IT teams, and customers to understand the organization’s business objectives and data management needs
- Contributes to the development and day-to-day operations of a data governance program
- Supports the data governance program stakeholders including Data Governance Working Groups, Steering Committees, data stewards and technical staff
- Contributes to the development and implementation of Data Directives and processes that enable the successful delivery and use of data and analytics products
- Develops and/or enhances data management practices including data quality, data protection, master and metadata management, and data lifecycle management
- Improves data quality and reporting by eliminating data redundancies and creating consistency
- Improves data and systems linkages to support complex information requirements that rely on disparate data sources
- Uncovers and documents data lineages and transformations across source systems and into data reporting repositories and improves the reliability and accuracy of data assets
- Elicits and documents data quality issues and effectively troubleshoots those issues in collaboration with other Technology teams and/or business stakeholders
- Ensures data is collected, stored, shared, reported, archived and deleted in accordance with the policies of the organization and industry best-practices
- Facilitates end user data management or data definition training, as needed
- Proactively identifies risks and issues and proposes solutions to remove barriers
- Ensures technical artifacts are accurate, accessible, maintained and communicated
- Undertakes special projects or assignments as required
- Performs other related duties as required
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs