Data Scientist - Remote at SemanticBits
SemanticBits is looking for a Data Scientist eager to use advanced analytical and data transformation techniques as a means to develop practical tools and analyses that can help solve complex business problems; transforming volumes of data into actionable information. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
- Strong grasp of statistics, programming, and modeling techniques (machine learning, classification, cluster analysis, data mining, databases, and visualization)
- Solid experience with Python and/or R and common data science packages - e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, ggplot, plyr, etc.
- Dataset parsing, dataset merging, dataset analysis, dataset synthesis
- Familiarity with controlled vocabularies (e.g. UMLS, SNOMED, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of databases (relational, OLAP, and NoSQL)
- Experience with Medicare claims is highly desirable
- Experience with the following technologies is also highly desirable: Jupyter, Apache Superset, Spark, Hadoop, Tableau, Looker, Dremio, AWS cloud computing
- Experience in the healthcare domain, or with quality data sets is highly desirable
- Strong technical communication skills; both written and verbalAbility to understand and articulate the “big picture” and simplify complex ideas
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills
- Ability to identify and learn applicable new techniques independently as needed
- Bachelor's degree with quantitative focus in Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of four years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of two years experience
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Benefits Competitive base salary Three weeks of PTO Ten paid holiday days Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision) 401k retirement plan with matching benefit 100% paid short-term and long-term disability 100% paid life insurance Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Casual working environment Flexible working hours SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 or HR@semanticbits.com for assistance.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs