Engineering Manager, Visual Shopping at Pinterest
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. Its where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, youll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. Youll grow as a person and a leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
The Pinterest Visual Search team, which is responsible for building novel visual discovery experiences such as Lens, is looking for an experienced manager with computer vision experience utilizing deep learning approaches. You will help us develop and manage the team developing state of the art visual search systems for shopping.
What you'll do:
- Work with a group of friendly and experienced ML engineers to build the next generation ML signal pipeline widely used in Pinterest, including candidate generation, featurization and ranking model improvement
- Design and build systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time
- Partner closely with other product teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness, while gaining knowledge of how ML works in all of these products
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of software engineering/ML expertise and the ability to build scalable systems
- Knowledge of algorithms, data-structures and measurement/statistics
- Practical experiences in machine learning, natural language processing or information retrieval
- Experience working with large code bases, cross team collaboration, mentoring other engineers, giving and getting feedback, and reviewing code/systems
- Experience with MapReduce/Hadoop and/or distributed systems
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs