CIB Applied AI & Machine Learning - Digital & Platform Services Operations - Associate at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets, securities services and wholesale payments. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About Data Analytics within Corporate & Investment Bank
Data Analytics at J.P. Morgan Corporate Investment Bank combines cutting edge machine learning techniques with the company's unique data assets to optimize all the business decisions we make. In this role, you will be part of our industry-leading data analytics team, and advance the state-of-the-art in financial applications ranging from generating business intelligence to predictive models and automated decision making.
The role will be in the firm's Applied AI and Machine Learning organization and will involve working closely with Digital & Platform Services Operations.
The Digital & Platform Services Operations teams support the Corporate & Investment Bank and functions including Technology, Data Science, Client Service, Product and Platform as well as other businesses and stakeholders across the firm.
The successful candidate will apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics and machine learning to a combination of third party, publically available and J.P. Morgan proprietary datasets, with the goal of answering questions relevant to Digital & Platform Services Operations.
- Collaborate with Operations colleagues to formulate relevant financial and business questions that can be answered by data analysis.
- Research and analyze data sets using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques
- Communicate final results and give context.
- Document approach and techniques used.
- Work on longer term projects, building tooling that can be used to scale certain types of analyses across multiple datasets and business use cases.
- Collaborate with other J.P. Morgan machine learning teams.
Required TechnicalQualifications, experience & behaviours
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline, e.g.Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science,or similar BS with experience in a highly quantitative position.
- Hands-on experience analyzing data.
- Strong ability to develop and debug in Python orsimilar professional programming language.
- Problem solving and collaboration skills
- Should be able to work both individually andcollaboratively in teams, in order to achieve project goals.
- Must be curious, hardworking anddetail-oriented, and motivated by complex analytical problems.
- Must have the ability to design or evaluateintrinsic and extrinsic metrics of your model's performance which are alignedwith business goals.
- Must be able to independently research andpropose alternatives with some guidance as to problem relevance.
- Must be able to undertake basic and advancedEDA, may require some direction from more senior team; should be aware oflimitation and implication of methodology choices.
- Ensures re-use and sharing of ideas within teamand locale.
Nice to Have
- Ideally, some experience with machine learningAPIs and computational packages (examples: TensorFlow, Theano, PyTorch, Keras,Scikit-Learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, statsmodels).
- Experience with big-data technologies such asHadoop, Spark, SparkML, etc.
- Able to work with non-specialists in apartnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trustwith stakeholders.
- Shows institutional awareness and someunderstanding of applied problem solving, may require coaching and guidance asto how to most rapidly reach a satisfactory conclusion
The hiring manager for this job opening wouldwelcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from adhoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible WorkArrangement.
@2020 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is anequal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/VeteranJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs