Data Scientist Lead (DADS07) STRATEGY AND CONTROL ANALYTICS (273657:US:0802) at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Chase Consumer & Community Bank (CCB) serves 61 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including banking, credit cards, auto finance, payments, mortgages, and investment advice.
The CB Decision Science Team is responsible for working across our retail bank to develop and execute actionable data science and analytical solutions to advance our marketing, product, distribution, and sales strategies. The team also supports a strong control environment and seeks to protect our customers. Within these organization is a team focused on distribution strategy and analytics, sales and conduct practices, and operational controls. This team develops strategies, tools, and analytics, and reporting. Our objective is to support the growth and optimization of the branch & ATM network, the innovation of our servicing capabilities, and the creation of sound control analytics to that ensure we meet stakeholder expectations and customer needs.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly skilled analyst and data science professional to have meaningful impact on a large scale at a leading financial services firm. The role include a significant initial focus on developing strategies and insights to prevent loss impacts to vulnerable customers and applying analytics to guide the development of new branch capabilities. The position offers an opportunity to work with cutting edge big data technologies and methods and to apply analytical, data science and strategic skills to broad range of challenges faced by the enterprise.
* Identify and develop initiatives to improve our decision science capabilities ultimately building an executing against a 12-24 month roadmap to transform analytics for key business areas
* Develop, plan, and execute complex analytical projects engaging resources across the organization and, at times, leading purpose built teams
* Synthesize analytical findings for consumption by senior business executives
* Become trusted advisor and thought leader to executive level customers regarding applications for analytics and implications of analytic results
+ Customers will, at a minimum, include executives responsible for deployment of new branch capabilities as well as business practice executive with control accountabilities
+ Establish and manage relationships with clients and internal partners
+ Deliver scalable solutions that unlock value and enhance capabilities of existing CCB teams through collaborative partnerships
+ Invent new ways to answer key business questions or mitigate risk
* Provide thought leadership to the Data & Analytics organization on topics including analytics best practices, methods, tools, infrastructure needs
* Provide mentoring and coaching to peers and junior analysts, setting standards of excellence by demonstrating professional expertise, strong work ethic, integrity and professional behavior
* 5+ years of industry experience in data science or business analytics roles (e.g., marketing analytics, sales analytics, risk analytics, business insights)
* Bachelor's degree in relevant quantitative field required, advanced degree in an analytical field (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Physics, and Data Science fields) and/or MBA preferred
* Experience leading initiatives resulting in material value for the business
* Thought leader in data science and/or analytics who can help our internal clients define their business problem, create solutions to address it, and execute the implementation
* Excellent communicator able to convey complex information in an understandable, compelling, and persuasive manner to senior executives
* Expert knowledge in quantitative methods and experience across a range of modern data science and analytics tools (e.g., SQL, Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Python, R)
* Financial services background preferred, but not required
* Domain specific expertise including fraud/risk analytics, bank operations, and distribution preferred, but not required
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs