Point Cloud Data Science Intern (Aug/Sept 2020 intake) at TERAKI
Teraki is a Berlin-based, tech-driven company enabling true low-latency mobility by solving the big data problem for autonomous driving.
We stand for innovation in the rapidly developing connected car, self-driving, and 3D mapping worlds. Teraki provides data reduction and data processing solutions for Automotive (IoT) applications which enable the launch of new applications by reducing costs. With that we help our customers in the challenges that are posed by the data to be computed in (connected) cars for all sensors, video and 3D point cloud data. Teraki’s algorithms are suited to improve the quality of data to meet the strict safety criteria of automotive applications. As a side effect, less data needs to be acquired and less hardware has to be deployed to maintain the strict requirements of automotive hardware.
This combination makes it the best (and often the only) available solution for embedded use cases. We serve the OEM, Tier-1 and Aftermarket (Fleet-management, Telematics) by technically and economically enabling use cases such as Predictive Maintenance, UBI, Fleet-management, Telematics and Autonomous Driving. We focus on the B2B market. i.e. OEM, Tier1’s and Aftermarket players.
- Interact with automotive customers, helping to evaluate Teraki’s products with their data.
- Interact with software developers and data scientists from our telematics and video teams to test new ideas from those domains
- Benchmark the performance and capabilities of the algorithms and code developed
Who we are looking for:
- Student in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or physics
- Excellent mathematical skills, particularly in Linear Algebra
- Strong C/C++/Cmake background, ideally with python experience
- Strong verbal and written English skills (English is the working language, German is not required)
- Experience with Linux
The ideal candidate also has experience with:
- Sensor fusion
- Point cloud processing algorithms
- Machine learning
- Compression algorithms
What we offer:
- The chance to immerse yourself in autonomous driving, with tasks from embedded design to machine learning
- To work closely with world class European and American companies
- To work in a dynamic start-up environment in the heart of Berlin, and to share insights with an international team spread across Europe and the US
- To work in a small, but highly motivated, multidisciplinary, multicultural team with flat hierarchies.
- Free public transport around within Berlin and free German classes
- The chance to be closely mentored by 2 Senior Data Scientists
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs