Senior Scala Software Engineer - Data Engineering at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
As a senior Scala developer you will join the Data Engineering team (part of the Engineering and Architecture organisation in the Corporate and Investment Bank). You will be responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in CIB technology, QR and Data Analytics. We are engineering cutting edge solutions in meta-data & data to model, track and deliver Data in Place and Data in Motion solutions. Our work facilitates data modelling, lineage& transporting data at scale on Cloud technologies, capturing Models & APIs in our Model Repository and building automation and tooling to control and evolve them. As part of Engineering& Architecture we are at the forefront of defining & driving adoption of the latest technology and best practice throughout the CIB.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* 10+ years applied development experience in Scala
* Functional programming concepts and practice
* Familiar with SQL/No-SQL databases
* Working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery best practice
* Knowledge of software best practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, encapsulation etc.
* Experience of Scala libraries such as Cats, Akka, http4s, Circe, Monocle, Slick a plus
* Meta-programming (through libraries such Shapeless or Magnolia) a plus
* DSL design and interpretation a plus
* Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes / micro-services / Spark / Kafka a plus
* Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
* Familiar with TDD and / or BDD
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs