Internship Speech Synthesis with Deep Learning at Samsung Electronics UK LTD
Purpose of the Role:
We are currently looking for an intern to join our DNN-Audio team at SRUK. The prospective intern will collaborate with the DNN-Audio team in the investigation of the next generation Text-to-Speech (TTS) engines. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who has expertise in various applications of Deep Learning and Speech Processing, and who would like to gain experience working in an innovative research environment at a global company.
The main tasks you are expected to perform include, but are not limited to:
- Research and development – improving speech synthesis by applying knowledge of DNN’s, investigating new techniques and finding innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- Review state-of-the-art deep learning and signal processing papers to study their strengths and weaknesses based on SRUK research goals.
- Analysis and optimisation of DNN architectures for TTS: hyper-parameters, module design, assessment of new training approaches, etc.
- Communication of results (reports, presentations, etc.) to SRUK colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Interns at Samsung Research UK are encouraged to write high quality research papers/patents towards the end of their internship.
Skills and attributes:
- Currently studying for a PhD, MSc or MResc, in Electronics, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline
- Good knowledge of DNN and classical Machine Learning theory
- Experience of signal processing, preferably audio or speech
- Programming proficiency in Python and Tensorflow. Other languages like C, MATLAB or Pytorch would be an advantage.
The internship period is negotiable according to the applicant’s current circumstances, but will typically be 6 to 9 months and candidate must be eligible to work in the UK. The salary will depend on the candidate’s level of experience.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs