Senior Data Scientist at Marks & Spencer
Work alongside like-minded Data Scientists and Analysts to apply best practice statistical and analytical techniques to business issues
Key accountabilities and measures
• Use expert knowledge of data science techniques and statistics to regularly deliver complex projects with a robust commercial approach
• Build and maintain the algorithms required to drive value from Loyalty in M&S
• Regular drumbeat of delivery of data science projects – both large and small – that drives business benefit and gives M&S a competitive advantage
• Deliver high quality actionable data science by performing ad hoc analysis to predict, measure and interpret business trends. • Demonstrate a culture of analytical ‘curiosity’ through innovative, data driven insights on business questions
• Work alongside Lead Data Scientist to develop the data science agenda within the CIU
• Implement a highly visual and commercial approach when delivering data science projects that engages and challenges the thinking of non / less technical audiences. Clearly and concisely communicate data science insight that then gets buy in
• Similarly work alongside the rest of the CIU Analytics team to champion/implement self-service and data-driven decisioning for the CIU client base with a strong emphasis on automation to lift the team out of BAU
• Act as consultant to CIU analysts and other M&S functions, such as Marketing, Merchandising or Logistics to identify opportunities and appropriate solutions to problems
• Work as part of a team to scan and maintain a presence within the market for opportunities in optimisation, analytical techniques, visualisation, tools and big data working with M&S Big data / IT Teams to prioritise and scope improvements
• Engage the CIU analytical community by pushing best practice, helping coach data scientists and upskilling business analysts
• PhD or MSc. in a numerate subject is preferred e.g. Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics
• Experience in developing and deploying machine learning algorithms using Python or R.
• Proficient with SQL and NoSQL data bases
• Prior experience of using Apache Spark to develop and deploy data science projects.
• Comprehensive proficiency in key programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, R, SPARK, SQL, etc) and software development skills.
• Expert in mining large & complex data sets - both structured and unstructured data and including (but not limited to) efficient extraction of data, transformation and application
• Considerable experience working as a data scientist.
Key relationships and stakeholders
• CIU and Loyalty wider team
• Internal clients from the business, especially various Leadership teams
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs