As Software Engineering Lead for Risk Transformation, you'll report directly to the Product Owner Risk Transformation, with the ultimate goal of establishing, growing, and enabling the success of software engineering teams. You'll help use the latest in machine learning, big data and public cloud to supercharge our engineering teams.
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to establish this culture within engineering, whilst ensuring we don't skip over our regulatory obligations around process controls. We aim to take advantage of the cloud, taking advantage of powerful commoditised offerings where we can, and building bespoke cloud-native solutions when they can differentiate us from our competition.What we really need from you:
What we desire, but not require:
- You love technology - you're happy rolling up sleeves to understand performance one day... and explaining to executives 'how it works' the next
- You understand data technology tools and method - and how these might be applied to improve machine learning and big data engineering
- You have experience building self-managing engineering teams, and understand how to nurture a culture of continuous improvement
- You have a history of delivering successful software projects, using a variety of languages.
- You embrace modern development techniques, and are familiar with the tools and processes that can elevate a DevOps pipeline above 'just CI'.
- You understand that successful software delivery doesn't just end at deployment; you have experience with continually measuring the suitability and value of your products.
- You have experience in helping software engineering team understand how to transition to new technology
- Humble: you acknowledge your strengths, and also your weaknesses; you work for more than your own personal glory.
- Curious: you follow the latest technology developments, and explore ways they can be adopted.
- Creative: you think beyond the obvious.
- Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter.
- Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
A role within our team will provides the chance to work flexibly, develop personally and professionally and work collaboratively with an ambitious team to build our business and bring to life the Group vision of being the Best Bank for Customers
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our Organisation.
You can expect a career that's full of opportunity and a package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- 4% Flexible benefit cash pot you can shape to fit your lifestyle
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture dedicated to making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So if you have the skills, background and outlook we're seeking and this opportunity appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
Our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, and to ensure we represent the communities we serve. If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by target, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - come and talk to us.
Select the Apply Now button to start the conversation.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.