Data Scientist, Analytics - Artificial Intelligence - NLP at Facebook
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Data Scientist to join our AI Data Science and Analytics team in Menlo Park, focusing on NLP and Machine Translation. The NLP team is building advanced language technologies for a better Facebook experience and working to break language barriers to create a world where everyone on Facebook can understand everyone else. In pursuit of this mission, the team has built state-of-the-art NLP models and has created machine translation systems that serve over 2 billion translations every day. However, much work is still needed to improve all aspects of NLP, such as semantic understanding and generating natural language, and to produce human quality translations for all language directions. The ideal candidate will have a strong background as a data scientist working on NLP and/or machine translation systems, have strong technical and analytical skills, and have experience working with massive amounts of data. We are looking for Data Scientists to help the team execute on creating the next generation of state-of-the art NLP models and products, and expanding machine translation to many more languages and improve translation quality for all languages. This role works closely with both product team and engineering team to help define and execute on opportunities to improve and expand our NLP and machine translation ML systems. Successful candidates for this role will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience with NLP and/or machine translation and working with large data sets, and will have experience in influencing decision making across different teams through data.
- Apply your strong analytical skills to gain deep insights into the data and ML model performance, and be able to clearly present your results and help guide cross-functional partners.
- Define problems and opportunities in a complex or ambiguous area.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify new levers to improve model performance and user experience.
- Influencing the roadmap and decisions made by the NLP and machine translation team through presentation of data-based recommendations, and clearly communicating the state of the NLP and machine translation effort, experiment results, etc. to product teams.
- Advanced degree in Math/Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience in SQL.
- Experience in a scripting language.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions, ML systems).
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product.
- Experience with NLP and/or machine translation.
- Experience in statistical analysis of machine learning or deep learning performance.
- Experience in a scripting language: Python preferred.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs