Quantitative Researcher: Brand Marketing at Facebook
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Marketing team focuses on building Facebook brand presence, improving user sentiment and product education. This is a pivotal time for the company and its brands. 15 years after the companys founding, we are setting the strategic direction for what the next 15 years will look like. To succeed we need to understand the unique character of each of the worlds communities, what Facebook means or could mean to them, and how best to make our technology and communication work for them.To address this need, we are looking for world class strategic researchers and thinkers who can help us solve thorny challenges using best in class quantitative techniques in partnership with brilliant stakeholders. We are seeking a candidate who is a social scientist with expertise in quantitative research methodologies or a quantitative specialist with experience solving social problems. The ideal candidate will have proven hands-on experience in data manipulation, develop strong cross-functional partnerships with marketing and product teams, be comfortable improvising with a hunger to make significant business impact with a bias toward action and thrive in a fast-paced organization.Specifically, in this role you will help shape understanding of the corporate brand and the company-owned brands such as Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp. As part of the consumer marketing organization, you will play an essential role in shaping how we tell each brands story.
- Drive research projects from end-to-end to achieve our Brand Marketing objectives
- Collaborate with marketing teams to define relevant questions about user sentiment and engagement
- Deploy appropriate quantitative methodologies and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to answer relevant questions about user sentiment and engagement
- Develop novel approaches where traditional methods wont do
- Collaborate with qualitative researchers as needed and iterate quickly to generate usable insights for marketing and business decisions
- Provide teams with usable measurement strategies and methodologies to meet their product and business decision needs
- Assess the validity and rigor of new approaches and practices around survey design and methodology in Marketing
- Contribute to establishing best-in-class guidelines within marketing for Survey Research Methodology and Analysis
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations that will drive brand sentiment, user growth and engagement, and marketing effectiveness
- Produce visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations, clearly and effectively communicate findings to internal stakeholders
- 3+ years of research experience
- Knowledge in quantitative and survey research methodologies (e.g., bias correction for surveys, survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, causal inference with a survey outcome, shrinkage and regularization, designing and analyzing longitudinal panel surveys, behavioral data analysis)
- Experience building analytical models and working with large data sets
- Experience in data manipulation and analysis (R/SAS/Stata, SQL/Hive)
- Masters or Ph.D. in the social sciences (e.g., Psychology, Communication, Sociology, Political Science, Economics), or in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Informatics, Econometrics) with experience answering social questions
- Time management and communication experience
- Experience communicating analysis and results to any audience
- Experience with Unix, Python, and large datasets (> 1TB)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs