Data Scientist, Analytics - Ads Delivery (App Monetization) at Facebook
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Ads Delivery team on Facebook App aims to drive sustainable revenue growth by delivering higher advertiser value with ad experiences that solve for people's needs. With statistical analysis, machine learning models and deep understanding of online advertising system, we keep optimizing whether, where and when we show ad, as well as which ad to show on the app to improve user experience and advertiser value. We are looking for a Data Scientist on Ads Delivery for the Facebook App Monetization team. The role will need to work closely with Product, Engineering and Finance leads to drive revenue decisions for Facebook App, and identify future revenue and ads growth opportunity on Facebook App. An ideal fit for this role is a Data Scientist with deep technical knowledge and expertise in quantitative analytics (e.g. statistical inference, hypothesis testing, prediction modeling), with the ability to turn data into business insights, and excellent communication and leadership skills. The data scientist must be able to operate autonomously and scope out large analytical projects that deliver impact.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with ads products.
- Work closely with cross functional teams on key revenue-related decisions for Facebook App.
- Understand the complex Ads Delivery system and identify revenue opportunities.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify new levers to improve user experience and revenue.
- Monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics.
- Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations, and clearly communicating state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Advanced degree (PhD, MS or BS) in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience in Python, SQL or other programming languages.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical inference, regressions, ML systems).
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product.
- Ads or Marketing related experience
- Development experience in any scripting language (Python, R, etc.)
- Experience in building and training statistical and machine learning models
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs