Data Scientist at Software Engineering Institute
What We Do:
Data Scientists at the SEI use advanced analytics, data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to help our government and industry clients research and solve cyber security challenges. In this role, you will work with our customers to identify areas where advanced statistical techniques can help tackle problems, plan and develop prototype solutions, and build out final products. You'll get a chance to work with elite cyber security professionals and university faculty to build new technologies that will influence national cyber security strategy for decades to come. You will co-author research proposals, execute studies, and present findings to DoD sponsors and at academic conferences.
Our team works on a wide range of projects. Some of our current work includes developing metrics and experimental designs for large-scale cyber security research programs, researching human-in-the-loop machine learning, and building classifiers to identify security vulnerabilities in code. Additionally, we have burgeoning work in deep fake video creation and detection, quantum computing, and natural language processing. We have access to a wide variety of cyber-related data, including malware samples, netflow data, cyber security training runs and tests, incident tickets, and more. If you are a data science or statistics expert with an interest in cyber security, we want to hear from you!
- BS in machine learning, cyber security, statistics, or related discipline with eight (8) years of experience or equivalent combination of training or experience; or MS in machine learning, cyber security, statistics, or related discipline with five (5) years of experience; or PhD in machine learning, cyber security, statistics, or related discipline with two (2) years of experience.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI’s overall mission.
- You will be subject to a background check and will need to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling techniques
- Comfortable working in the Unix command line
- Thrives in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Superb communication skills
- Expertise implementing machine learning techniques (e.g., K-means, SVM, neural networks)
- Familiar with at least one mathematical/statistical programming package (e.g., python numpy/scipy/pandas, R, MATLAB, etc.)
- Strong software engineering skills
- You should have cyber security or privacy experience
- Experience with specific methods and/or evidence that you can learn.
- Experience supporting test and evaluation for large-scale government research programs is a plus
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs