Data Engineer (Mid level) at Moneybox
Moneybox is growing rapidly, and our technical and data teams are no exception. We have more users, more accounts, more money invested, more features, more code, more data, and more team-members than ever before. We’re looking for a database administrator & data modeller who can take our set-up and infrastructure to the next level. In this unique role, you’ll be the interface between the cloud apps and insight teams, collating, ingesting and organizing data to drive action and results.
Our tech stack:
Our tech stack:
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Application Insights
- Octopus Deploy
- BASH / Shell Script
- Power Shell
- C# / .NET Framework, .Net Core
- ASP.NET Web API
- Sql Server
- Azure Service Bus
What You’ll Do
- Own, maintain, and improve our data processing and analytical platforms
- Support the insight team with more complex or novel data processing tasks (e.g. python scripting)
- Act as a best practice resource for SQL query optimization and performance for the Insight and Dev Teams.
- Build and maintain new integrations to ingest and integrate new sources of data
- Work with moneybox dev teams and insight team to build and maintain a reliable, meaningful, and accurate core data catalogue which stays up-to-date as our products grow and change
- Organise core data into references and summary tables (e.g. customer segmentation) making the Insight data analysts more efficient.
- Advise the senior leaders on the selection and evaluation of suitable tools including a business intelligence tool that is flexible to the future needs of the business. Lead implementation of this once selected.
- Work with tech teams, and compliance to ensure that analytical data and supporting platforms are secure, appropriately restricted, and comply with policy
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and help insight and tech teams understand where new technology could pragmatically deliver value
- Manage and monitor the cost, efficiency, and speed of data processing
Who you are
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s looking to build their career at an exciting very- fast-growing company
- Curious mindset who is motivated by improving processes and organizing information in practical ways.
- Bias for action, valuing execution over complexity.
- Naturally personable, great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook
- Fundamentals of database administration and optimisation
- Practical experience of analytical data structures, and data modelling approaches
- Working with APIs, and Extract Transform Load processes
- Python (or similar scripting language) for data processing
- BI Experience on tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Looker etc.
- Hadoop and big data processing
- Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, and master data management
- Scripted data processing and visualisation (e.g R language and processing)
- Cloud storage and compute systems (- particularly Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes, and Data Bricks)
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs