OCR Business Analyst I at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
The Home Lending Automation organization is tasked with identifying opportunities for transforming manual operational processes by leveraging efficient, controlled, and accuracy-driven technology. In addition to the financial benefits realized through these transformations, the processes gain the ability to shift from "exception finding" to "exception processing" which significantly increases the scope and effectiveness of the process and enhances the customer experience.
In mid-2014, as part of the multi-year transformation of Mortgage Banking, an exciting, key transformation program utilizing OCR (optical character recognition) technology was deployed to automate the classification and extraction of key data elements from critical mortgage documents, e.g., Note, Mortgage, Closing Disclosure, etc. Extracted data is used to automate manual data entry and manual doc-to-data "stare and compare" processes. The successful execution of OCR has automated several of these processes, and more projects are on the horizon.
Successful implementation of OCR technology requires combining technological and analytical expertise. The OCR software must be trained to optimize the classification of documents to meet target accuracy levels, and must also be configured to extract data from documents with similarly high accuracy. To drive the analytical component of new and existing implementations, large data sets must be analyzed at the document, page and data element level, to identify patterns of inaccuracies, and to monitor ongoing performance. This analysis is shared directly with our business partners and senior management on a regular basis.
* Mine OCR database to produce iterative reporting and analyses in support of efforts to improve both the amount of coverage and accuracy of OCR software
* Utilize information extracted from OCR database to identify gaps in accuracy and coverage, and opportunities to reduce these gaps
* Ability to effectively manage all facets of the analytical project lifecycle (data exploration, hypothesis testing, code development).
* Manage the configurations of the OCR software tuning rule set, including creation of "search objects", "filter objects", etc. to enhane the performance of the tool
* Validate and test rule set changes and output for accuracy
* Assist in tracking of deliverables and program updates
* Relate analytical insights to document characteristics and anomalies
* Experience in a data mining role, with broad database platform experience (e.g., Oracle, DB2, Teradata)
* Proficiency in one or more data mining tools (e.g., Alteryx, Trifacta, SQL Developer, Toad)
* Applied knowledge of the mortgage lending lifecycle, especially originations
* Knowledge of mortgage documents highly desirable
* Experience with OCR is preferable
* Ability to support the delivery of high-quality results under tight deadlines
* Strong analytical and problem solving ability required
* Experience working with large, complex datasets
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required
* Bachelors degree preferred, ideally in a business, financial, or technical discipline.
* Tenure: At least 12 months in current job and process
* Performance Rating: At least On Track on My Development
* Corrective Action: Not within prescriptive period for suspension
* Performance Improvement Plan: Not enrolled in and Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs