Business Analyst I - Document Collection at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
the business to define reporting requirements and analysis of data to assist the business in meeting operational objectives. Partners with the business to increase focus on drivers of productivity, quality, and efficiency. Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to more complex data mining independently. Analysis focus is on process improvement and in some cases compliance with internal or external audit. Partner with seasoned analysts in developing complex reporting and in creating presentations for all levels of management with clear, concise, and easy to understand graphics that outlines the data for various levels of management. Partner with business contacts to develop and document requirements for operational reports and will
participate with more seasoned analysts in creating and recommendations of reporting solutions to meet the need of the business.
Designs, develops, implements and maintains business controls and solutions ensuring compliance with Regulatory requirements, including Chase policy. Works directly with project and business leaders to identify analytical requirements and address report gaps. Familiar with a variety of mortgaging servicing concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks with limited supervision.
- Delivering Results - Strive to set and understand goals and work to reach short-term goals and support long-term strategy.
- Communication - Share information, concepts and opinions with others that results in clear understanding and desired outcome. Also, the ability to answer complex inquiries, provide information, consult with customers and manage difficult customer interactions
- Problem Solving -Identifies business issues which require an analytical solution, utilizes business knowledge to identify the root cause of business issues and to propose solutions
- Organization and Data Analytics: demonstrating the ability to understand concepts and analyze data; understanding business principles.
- Technical Knowledge: Performs advanced technical tasks, using tools such as Excel. Has advanced familiarity with internal technology systems.
- Ability to Learn and Follow Procedures: Demonstrates the ability to learn and apply a series of steps, rules, or guidelines needed to perform a specific task, responsibility, or role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and communicates solutions for the line of business by effectively gathering, compiling and reviewing information and data, evaluating existing systems and procedures, identifying alternate courses of actions, development of tools and/or improvements.
- Individually solves business problems and completes analysis. Performs advanced functions to provide performance information to LOB leaders.
- Work with business to define reporting requirements and analysis needs to help drive performance or meet various operational needs
- Create reporting and interpret results and convey in a concise, straight-forward, and professional manner for all levels of operational staff from supervisors to senior level management.
- Create presentations for all levels of management. Need to provide clear, concise, and easy to understand graphics that easily depict the information trying to relay.
- Leads tasks/projects end to end to identify all potential problems and how to solve for them. Articulates issues and risks to management. Provides support to department to ensure timely completion.
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain reporting (regular production and ad-hoc) that enables data driven business decisions.
- Assure the integrity of data through automated extraction, manipulation, processing, analysis, and reporting
- Partner with Data Infrastructure team and business owners to implement new data sources and ensure consistent definitions are used in reporting and analytics
- Develop partnerships with key operational site management to ensure effective analytical support for the operations organization
- Work with Site to develop an Action Plan, track and communicate results against the plan
- Identify data process improvements and leverage technology to automate and streamline existing processes
- Evaluate as-is processes, identify gaps, risks and recommend solutions that clearly add value to customer experience
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related discipline strongly preferred.
- One to three years of prior experience in mortgage banking preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- 3-5 years experience working management reporting and performance analysis techniques strongly preferred
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of Loan Operations knowledge of Chase systems.
- Exposure to and ability to learn basic database concepts and ad-hoc data query basics
- Demonstrated ability to work as team player, and to develop alternative solutions to complex problems, think outside the box, and recommend the best solution
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work efforts
- Able to communicate effectively to an audience including all levels of LOB leadership
- Develops partnerships with team members and peers.
- Ability to operate in a collaborative and cooperative environment, and must possess the strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan, organize, and guide a project from inception through multiple timeline milestones all the way to completion.
- Proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite MS Access, PowerPoint, Excel functions including pivot tables, charts, embedded queries, macros and Visual Basic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Expresses thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely
- Independent logical problem solver; analytical ability to synthesize data and project outcomes.
- Maintains the highest standards of honesty, fairness and ethics. Will be exposed to confidential information.
- Keeps others informed of key business information, issues decisions and action.
- Adapts well to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by business growth.Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs