AI Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
J.P. Morgan AI Research has assembled a team of experts in many fields of AI. They pursue primary research in areas related to our research pillars as well as concrete problems related to financial services. They partner with internal teams to accelerate the adoption of AI within the firm. They also work with leading academic faculty around the world on areas of mutual interest.
The team is headquartered in New York and present in London and the Bay Area. Conducting AI research in financial services offers unique and exciting opportunities for impact -- as a member of this highly visible team, you will have the opportunity to realize significant impact not only within J.P. Morgan but also to the broader AI community.
As an AI Software Engineer on the team, you will assist in the deployment of innovative AI and Cryptographic ideas to production. You will engage with multiple new and ongoing research projects in collaboration with internal and external researchers.
You will participate in the research lifecycle beginning with problem discovery, gathering data, designing solutions and with a focus on building prototype applications and migrating them to robust production. Your output will result in high-impact business applications, open source software, patents and/or publications in AI/ML conferences and journals.
* Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
* Extensive programming skills in Python, Java, or C++
* Strong debugging and performance optimization skills
* Practical experience with statistical data analysis and experimental design
* Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
* Deep knowledge of Linux internals and computer hardware architecture
* Practical experience with ML platforms such as Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, etc.
* Proficient understanding of fundamental AI and ML techniques; e.g., A*, regularization
* Expertise in one or more specialized areas; e.g., deep learning (DL), reinforcement learning (RL), planning, information representation and retrieval, graphs, multiagent systems (MAS), computational game theory, natural language processing (NLP)
* Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
* Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds
* Interest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs