MSc Computer Science, Geo-Informatics (f/m/d) - High Performance Computing at Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
Welcome to DLR!
Our Institute of Remote Sensing Technology wishes to employ a Master of Science in Computer Science, Geo-Informatics, Data Science or similar for High Performance Computing.
The "EO Data Science" department develops modern signal processing and AI processes for current and future earth observation missions. It is involved in a large number of third-party projects and a large international network.
The expected tasks will consist of our own scientific research on the topic of artificial intelligence for earth observation as well as the initiation, implementation and management of scientific and innovative projects.
The tasks described in 5.1 require very special knowledge and exceptional knowledge. In order to meet the requirements of the position, extensive professional or research experience in the field of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence or related fields is required.
This position is intended to cover the area of high-performance computing (HPC) in the domain of earth observation and in particular the area of high-performance computing at the DLR and the Leibniz computing center (LRZ).
The holder of the position will be responsible for the following tasks:
Research and applications in the research domain of High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- literature research on high-performance computing and optimization processes
- independent research and expansion of scientific knowledge at the highest international level in the field of high-performance computing
- creation of requirement analyzes for optimization when processing large amounts of data ("Big Data") as well as development of new methods for processing them based on machine learning
- development, analysis and documentation of new methods for working with high-performance computing systems
- setting impulses to use and optimize the use of high-performance computing systems in the department
- support for doctoral students and staff
- completed academic university degree (university diploma / M.Sc.) in computer science, geo-informatics, data science or comparable subject
- several years of professional experience in high-performance computing, machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI) or related fields
- solid software design skills and the ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code, preferably in C ++
- ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies quickly
- very good knowledge of spoken and written German
- good written and spoken English knowledge
- ability to interact with scientists at different levels
- ability to work highly motivated both independently and in a team
- excellent communication and cooperation skills
- experience in implementing image processing algorithms desired
- competence in performance profiling and optimization welcome
- understanding of modern CPU and GPU architectures and code generation techniques preferred
- understanding domain-specific programming languages and compilation desired
- knowledge of signal processing algorithms for images, videos or audio welcome
- doctoral degree desired, but not necessary if qualification is sufficient
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (m/f/non-binary). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs