(Senior) Data Scientist (f/m/d) - SAP AI Business Services - Deep Learning Center of Excellence at SAP
Requisition ID: 263108
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
As a (Senior) Data Scientist (f/m/d) for the SAP Deep Learning Centre of Excellence with a background in Natural Language Processing and/or Computer Vision, you will apply and push the state-of-the-art in deep machine learning research to deliver top-grade machine learning models into production with high quality and reliability.
You will work within a team of data scientists (f/m/d) responsible for prototyping and enhancing machine learning models in close collaboration with our product and development teams. We solve real-world problems by building new, cloud-based machine learning solutions and services to enable enterprises to become intelligent. Our use cases are currently mainly focused on business document processing, e.g., information extraction, OCR, and entity recognition.
Your tasks include:
- Push the frontiers of what is possible in the area of machine learning working with real data
- Explore, understand, and implement the most recent machine learning algorithms and approaches
- Ensure performance and system scalability through continuous collaboration with development teams
- Work through business problems from beginning to end: translate research insights into adequate concepts for SAP’s customers
- Lead small project teams – collect requirements and coordinate the machine learning development
- Communicate the relevance of implemented systems and achieved results in a visual and consistent way
- Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field
- Track record of developing productive machine learning-based solutions and/or systems in the area of Natural Language Processing and/or Computer Vision.
- Proficiency in working with very large datasets in distributed Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with Python and machine learning software packages such as scikit-learn or TensorFlow
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, team spirit and desire to overcome obstacles and make your work benefit SAP's customers
- Curiosity for exploring new use cases and applications of machine learning
PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field. Publications at venues such as EMNLP, NeurIPS, CVPR, etc.
ABOUT THE TEAM
AI Business Services is part of the SAP cloud platform and is providing strategic machine learning services to infuse intelligence into SAP solutions. We pioneer game-changing solutions in close collaboration with customers & partners as well as with other SAP units.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs