Sr Data Scientist (ML & Splunk)
This position can be based in Snoqualmie, WA or remote work / work from home is an option.
T-Mobile's Technology Service Delivery & Operations (TSD&O) team values flexibility. Many of our positions offer telecommuting options and flexible schedules after a period of training.
T-Mobile Enterprise Solutions Delivery develops cutting edge innovative closed-loop analytics solutions, enabling insights-driven decision making across the enterprise. We collaborate with multiple functional areas and impact every element of our business: corporate, security, networks, retail, IT and others.
We are looking for a result-oriented Data Scientist who will discover and solve problems by analyzing large amounts of data, defining new metrics and business cases, designing simulations / experiments, creating ML software and models, collaborating with experts to develop closed-loop analytics / automation software solutions and reporting. You will be responsible for data modeling, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, machine learning, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques. You will need to understand the business objectives, systems, data pipeline and ways to operationalize ML in large-scale environments. You will translate real world problems into data science problems. You will solve these problems using appropriate assumptions, methodologies, current data science best practices and developing necessary software. You will work with different teams to identify areas for efficiency improvements.
Enterprise Skills You'll Use Every Day
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, critical thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Responsibilities
- Support ML projects from strategy through implementation and on-going improvements.
- Perform data collection, data mining, analysis, validation, cleansing, developing software in support of multiple machine learning workflows, integrating / deployment of code in a large-scale production environments and reporting.
- Lead the implementation, assessment, and standardization of toolkits for our data science, measurement science, insight management, and visualization teams.
- Research and work with technical teams to implement new and emerging technologies that will facilitate better data integrity, reliability, and enrichment for quantitative solutions.
- Provide senior level guidance to the data science and measurement science teams on approach and methodologies as a subject matter expert.
- 5+ years of experience in statistical modeling, data mining, analytics techniques, machine learning software development and reporting.
- 5+ years of applied experience in building and deploying Machine Learning solutions using various supervised/unsupervised ML algorithms such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines, Deep Reinforcement learning, Random Forest, Bayesian Models etc., and key parameters that affect their performance.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Python and/or R programming and ML libraries.
- Experience developing solutions with SQL database backends such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Azure cloud-based services and supporting infrastructure
- 2+ years experience in the telecom industry preferred
- Experience in at least one of the Bigdata applications (Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Splunk)
- Proficiency in constructing, publishing, and maintaining executive-level dashboards and visualizations which answer technical questions to a variety of audiences.
- Masters/Advanced Degree. Quantitative Discipline (math, statistics, economics, computer science, physics, engineering, etc.) preferred
• At least 18 years of age.• Legally authorized to work in the United States.• High School Diploma or GED.• Pre-employment background screen.Company Profile
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.