We are a team operating across a diverse array of backend systems encompassing the management of the PD machine learning platform through our Analytics Engine, a cloud-based “DMZ” where we deploy our cloud-cloud and sensor-cloud integrations, and lastly our remotely deployed edge-computing devices installed onsite on our clients’ networks for direct integration to their building management systems. We are looking for candidates comfortable working on a python microservice for executing machine learning algorithms one week, and the next troubleshooting an inscrutable network issue preventing data from flowing from a client’s building.
- Build and maintain robust and scalable integrations to third party clouds and sensors.
- Participate in the development of our next-generation Analytics Engine for running PD’s machine learning algorithms stably and at scale.
- Maintain and upgrade code on our edge-computing devices
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues across all of our domains
- Work with Engineering management to develop technical specifications for new projects
- Research and distill key attributes of potential integrations oftentimes with limited documentation
- Work with Customer Success team to address technical requests from new and current clients
- Participate in cross-functional discussions and planning with other engineering teams
- Work with Product team to problem solve and create solutions to deliver on our company mission
- Stay up to date with relevant technologies/trends and apply them to operations and activities
- Other duties may be assigned as our company and team continue to grow
Skills & Abilities
- Experience with Node.js
- Data modeling
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, AWS preferred.
- Knowledge of DevOps and SysAdmin tools and practices, especially Docker, CI/CD, bash, and Linux
- Understanding of computer networking and tools such as nmap, tcpdump, and wireshark
- Tenacity when pursuing bugs or issues with limited access to deployment environments
- Focus on efficiency, clean code, and process improvement
- Willingness to stick with a challenging project and see it over the line regardless of difficulties
- Maintain composure under pressure
- Fast, self-directed learner with a strong technical acumen
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Spark and Databricks
- Machine Learning certificate or equivalent experience with applying ML technologies in production
Education & Experience
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science or a related engineering or scientific discipline required, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years production-level development experience, primarily in backend environments.
We take care of you!
- Great benefits, including medical and dental all starting on your first day.
- 401K Plan.
- A great place to work!!
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.