Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
We are an international and multidisciplinary team with various backgrounds in Data Science, Statistics, Physics, Visual Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering and Product Management from different industries. We are building and shaping the new Avaloq Insight platform. Our Insight platform helps financial institutions to deliver premium individualized services to their customers by leveraging the value of data and providing a set of integrated services to enhance wealth management and digital banking.
Are you passionate about data architecture and engineering large-scale distributed enterprise ready platforms? Are you interested in shaping the next generation of data science driven products for the financial industry? Do you enjoy working in an agile environment involving multiple stakeholders?Your mission
What you need
- Responsibility for selecting appropriate technologies from open source, commercial on-premises and cloud-based offerings
- Integration of a new generation of tools within the existing environment to ensure access to accurate and current data
- You will consider not only the functional requirements, but also the non-functional attributes of platform quality such as security, usability, and stability
- Strenghten and further develop the transformation of Avaloq to a data driven product company
- Ensure scalable analytics accelerate the process of data science innovation
You will get extra points for the following
- PhD, Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or another technical field
- Practical experience with distributed systems, Big Data technologies, streaming technologies and SaaS based architectures (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Data Lakes)
- Practical experience with Container Platforms (OpenShift) and/or containerization software (Kubernetes, Dockers)
- Hands-on experience architecting data pipelines including data collection, data storage and processing, data analysis on scale and elastically
- Expert knowledge in data modelling, query optimization on different storage. solutions such as RDMS, document stores, graph databases, time-series databases, data warehouses
- Familiar with defining Data Governance concepts (incl. data lineage, data dictionary)
- Firm understanding of major programming/scripting languages like Java/Scala, Python and/or R
- Strong Knowledge of Gradle based tooling for building polyglot CI/CD pipelines, DevOps, automation, agile methods, automated testing, code quality.
- High integrity, responsibility and confidentiality a requirement for dealing with sensitive data
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Collaborative mindset to sharing ideas and finding solutions
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation
- Fluent in English; German, Italian and French a plus
- Contribution in open source projects is a plus
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove yourself as a super-star, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Depending on the performance in the respective year, Avaloq aims to share the success with all employees by paying out so called Success Share Units.Place of work
Zurich, SwitzerlandDon’t be shy – apply!
Avaloq Evolution AG
Michelle Hiestand, Talent Acquisition Professional
Allmendstrasse 140 - 8027 Zürich - Switzerlandcareers@avaloq.comhttps://www.avaloq.com/en/job-openings
Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.