At M&S customers are at the heart of everything we do and our mission is to understand and engage them personally. As part of the Customer Growth team (in the wider Data and Digital Team) you will be responsibe for the end to end analytics and reporting of Customer Growth initiatives designed to grow these customer relationships.
Customer growth initiatives are customer led and as such span the breadth of the M&S estate e.g. Stores, M&S.com, Marketing, Sparks. The role of the senior customer evaluation analyst will be to play a key role in the evaluation of these initiatives – generating insight to quantify the success from both a customer behavioural change perspective and a monetary gain perspective.
Possible initiatives range from email optimisation, changes to the functionality and intelligence of the M&S.com platform and differing promotional offerings via different channels to our Sparks member base. Initially the role will be focused on technology trials being conducted in some of our stores
The role requires a strong analytical technical skillset with solid statistical knowledge and problem solving skills. Where at all possible a high degree of always on reporting automation is expected through Power BI.
You will have access to a wealth of analytical/data science tools and data from a multitude of sources in a cutting edge Azure environment.
You will be working as part of the growing customer growth and experience team, whilst interacting cross functionally with technology, loyalty, product management and the wider commercial business.
Key accountabilities and measures:
- Evaluate strategic customer growth implementations: quantify the impact of Digital and Data led initiatives across the entirety of M&S’s estate through metrics including, but not limited to, customer behavioural change, customer engagement, sales incrementality and profitability
- Loyalty scheme(s) benefit: quarterly reviews of the overall customer benefit from our loyalty programs and how behaviours are changing as the different schemes evolve
- Always on evaluation of BAU customer communications and targeting: set up and maintain the automated processes to measure and report the incrementality and behavioural changes from trade related customer communications e.g. emails, offer targeting
- Communicate insight and results to drive engagement: packaging up and presenting the story to stakeholders to generate buy-in and engagement. Share analytical results and methods in a commercial and compelling manner, with ability to visualise insights in a clear and concise format
- Learn and help share knowledge to grow capability of the team and M&S: ensuring that learnings are shared within the team and the business to drive a data driven culture. Actively participate in trainings, documentation of learnings and data/analytics sharing sessions. Be an active mentor and senior member of the Customer Insight team and wider analytical community
We are building a world class Data and Digital team and so are looking for a diverse set of behavioural and technical skill sets:
- Demonstrate an analytical ‘curiosity’ through innovative, data driven insights about business questions
- Appetite and proven ability to explore business impact and position analysis to deliver commercial value.
- A self-starter that is curious and keen to learn new approaches and techniques as well as demonstrate innovation in approach.
- A keen sharer of information with the ability to translate data into insight and deliver compelling commercial recommendations
- An advanced user of SQL/PySpark and Python
- Experience and comfort in using Power BI or similar to build reporting suites
- Comfortable in mining large and complex data sets – both structured and unstructured data
- Experience and training of using both simple and complex statistical and data science techniques (e.g. forecasting, regression, clustering etc) to deliver business projects
- Degree level or higher in a numerate subject (e.g. Maths, Statistics, Economics, Operational Research or Computer Science)
- Experience within one of retail and customer data analytics is highly desirable
- Experience in running testing and measurement processes in digital environment
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.