Machine Learning Engineer (NLP), Novi Care at Facebook
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer in the field of Natural Language Processing/Understanding to join our Novi team in Israel (https://www.novi.com), and play an active role in creating a simple, borderless global currency and financial ecosystem that empowers billions of people. Novi is a financial services hub including a digital wallet built on the Libra blockchain where people can keep the Libra currency, transact with others and gain access to advanced financial services.This senior engineer will be tasked with establishing the roadmap of ML efforts for the Novi Care team through building ML-based systems, tools, and services that generate usage-based insights and recommendations, specifically in the field of Natural Language Processing and Text Classification using Neural Networks, allowing Novi to deliver state-of-the-art hybrid customer experience (automated and human-assisted).The ideal candidate has industry experience working on different types of language understanding and text classification problems, experience working with large data sets, and has experience in data-driven decision making.As a strong software leader and an expert in building complex systems, they will be responsible for inventing how we use technology, Machine Learning, and Data to harness Novi's efficiency in that domain. They will wear multiple hats, including entrepreneur, product manager, project manager, business analyst, and data engineer. They will be bridging the gap between business and engineering, and functioning with deep expertise in both worlds.They will also enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. They will make a real and meaningful impact on the world.This position is located in our Tel Aviv office.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning models
- Utilize recent research to develop and deploy scalable neural network models into production
- Suggest, collect, and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the Product and System teams
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience in designing and developing modern NLP systems
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with big data applications such as Hadoop/Spark
- Experience with developing and debugging in Python, C/C++, or Java
- Experience with recommendation systems
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as shell scripts
Please let the company know you found this position via aijobsdb.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related AI/ML jobs