Bloomberg offers unparalleled coverage across News and Social Media, Alternative Data, Research, and Live Markets to our clients. In addition, we provide advanced tools to retrieve information, run analyses and execute trades. Bloomberg's Artificial Intelligence (AI) group is the central group of researchers and engineers working to bring relevant, meaningful, tradable, and actionable financial information to our clients using Artificial Intelligence. Some products we build include:
- Real-time analytics over news, social media and structured market data
- Federated search and discovery through question answering and information extraction
- Automation for workflows and content generation
- Dialogue understanding for trades or earning calls
- Security and portfolio pricing
- Models and software for fundamental problems in ML, NLP, and IR
All with more strict latency constraints than most academic and industry standards.
We build customer-facing products, as well as AI infrastructure and algorithms used by engineers across the company. We also publish papers, attend conferences, organize workshops, and contribute back to the larger AI and open source community whenever we can. Broadly, we are looking for colleagues to who are passionate about:
- Software engineering
- Parallel and distributed systems
- Natural language processing
- Information retrieval
- Information extraction
- Reinforcement learning
- Graphical models
- Recommender systems
- Knowledge graphs
- Parallel and distributed computing
- Automatic speech recognition
- Machine learning for finance (pricing and recommendation)
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with colleagues on production systems and applications
- Design, experiment, and evaluate algorithms as well as models
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code
- Represent Bloomberg at scientific and industry conferences
- Publish research findings in leading academic venues
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or a Ph.D. in CS, ML, Quant, Physics, Math, or relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Python or C++ or Java
- Proficiency in software development
If this sounds like you, apply! In addition, do check out our blog,
, to learn more about our publications and projects.
Our culture values difference, fosters inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive superior business results. Our efforts help establish an inclusive work environment where all Bloomberg employees feel respected and are included and empowered to impact the business globally. Building strong, diverse teams that feel valued and engaged will help us innovate, execute and succeed in a highly competitive global environment. Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Check out our links below:
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.