Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative engineers with a passion for technology to break new ground in sensing and machine perception at our research location in Redmond, WA. Within the Facebook Reality Labs Surreal Vision team, the aim of this role focuses on formulating a new generation of end-to-end real-time 3D scene understanding systems working across novel mobile sensor design, sensor fusion, state estimation, computer vision, large-scale reconstruction and localization, as well as large-scale online inference and optimization.
- Plan and execute cutting edge development to advance the state of the art in machine perception, mapping, reconstruction and localization, as well as 3D scene understanding across optical/inertial/acoustic sensing systems
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers across both machine and human perception teams at Facebook to develop experiments, prototypes, and concepts that advance the state-of-the-art in AR/VR systems
- Work with the team to help design, setup, and run practical experiments related to large-scale long-duration sensing and machine reasoning
- Experience with real world system building and data collection, including design, coding (C++) and evaluation (C++/Python)
- Experience in any of the following fields: Computer Vision, Sensor Modeling, Sensor Fusion, State Estimation, 3D Reconstruction, Mapping & Localization, 3D geometry, Physics based models, or a related field
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Hands-on experience with 3D computer vision algorithms including Calibration, SLAM, Reconstruction, Mapping, Localization and Image Processing
- Experience with designing (products or open-source/git software) of inertial/optical/acoustic sensing devices
- Experience in modern GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX)
- Publication in leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, ICCP, RSS, ICRA, etc.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.