SimpliSafe is looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on Computer Vision to design and develop the software that drives our award winning wireless/IoT home security system.
In this role, you will:
- Research and implement computer vision and machine learning models
- Find the optimal balance between setting and maintaining a research direction, and day-to-day delivery of robust technologies
- Determine implementation and optimization of algorithms
- Develop new and implement existing algorithms for Real Time Object Detection and Video Analytics
- Optimize code to perform in real-time on edge device
- Deploy models into a production environment that will be used by in a real-time setting
- Collaborate with hardware team to better apply CV and DL technologies into embedded systems
You Should Have:
- Experience taking a computer vision-based project from the initial concept to production
- Experience or strong familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as tensorflow, pytorch
- Experience training and serving computer vision models
- Experience in Cloud based AI/ML platforms such as AWS Sagemaker, Azure ML.
- Experience developing software and algorithms for computer vision, machine learning or computer graphics applications
- Deep understanding of machine learning fundamentals
- Experience with open source computer vision and linear algebra frameworks
- Strong instincts for efficiency and optimization
- 3-5 years coding experience in one of these languages: Python, C++
- Highly competent in computer vision techniques and software libraries
- Bachelor's degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
- Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
- 401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
- Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
- Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings – We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesn’t like free food and drinks?!
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.