AI/ML - Japanese Language Engineer, Siri Understanding at Apple (Undefined)
Join the Siri engineering team for international markets, responsible for making Siri the best worldwide digital assistant. Our goal is to teach Siri how to understand and speak new languages, along with designing and delivering a great user experience customised for each locale.
We are a deeply diverse and passionate group dedicated to bringing the future of intelligent assistants to the world. We are looking for a highly motivated Japanese and English speaking engineer, with strong software engineering skills and a high sensibility for foreign languages and cultures.
We are looking for someone with a proven ability to be creative, who can take ownership of a project, has superior technical expertise, and a knack for solving problems that stump most engineers. Having worked on shipping products and being familiar with the rush to the finish line is highly desired. This is an opportunity to lastingly shape the future of human-computer interaction, and walk the state-of-the-art of a nascent field. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Engineering Natural Language Processing (NLP) components specific to Japanese
- Leading data annotation efforts and defining language-specific representations, conventions and techniques
- Analyzing large amounts of data and making data-driven decisions to improve the localized user experience
- Automating and integrating workflows from diverse systems
- Providing insights and suggestions towards innovative new approaches and new product features tailored to the Japanese market
- Developing creative solutions to complex issues
- Interacting with other teams at Apple working towards the same goal, including speech recognition specialists, data scientists, and speech synthesis engineers
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.