Cellular 5G/4G Physical Layer DSP Firmware Engineer at Apple (Herzliya, Israel)
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Imagine what you could do here!
Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here!
Join us and youll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, youll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world.
We are looking for Wireless Embedded Physical Layer DSP Firmware Engineer. We are the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable with all aspects of embedded software development, that thrives in a dynamic multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
Implement key 3GPP digital signal processing algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets by interfacing to specialized cellular ASIC hardware. Examples of 3GPP algorithmic areas include:
- Channel Estimation
- Channel State Feedback
- Interference Cancellation
- Cell Search and Measurement
- Beam Measurement
- Work with systems engineers to refine signal processing algorithms for efficient firmware/hardware execution.
- Work with silicon designers to define HW interfaces, processors, bus, DMA, accelerator and memory subsystems.
- Specify, design, and implement the firmware architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system
- Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon FW design and HW verification
- Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification and test
- Define methodologies and best practices
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.