SR DATA SCIENTIST
This role is tasked with partnering with a team of software developers and network and systems engineers and outside partners to collaborate, test hypotheses, build proof of concepts, and turn data into information. This will be done using standard & emerging BI analytics tools from beginning to end. The Senior Data Scientist is a knowledgeable leader who is passionate about data modeling, forecasting, optimization, and possesses a strong vision of how data science and engineering can build value for our customers and for the company.Responsibilities
- Perform ad hoc data mining and statistical analyses on complex business problems.
- Lead the implementation, assessment, and standardization of toolkits for our data science, measurement science, insight management, and visualization teams.
- Research and work with technical teams to implement new and emerging technologies that will facilitate better data integrity, reliability, and enrichment for quantitative solutions.
- Provide senior level guidance to the data science and measurement science teams on approach and methodologies as a subject matter authority.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
ENTERPRISE STRENGTHS YOU'LL NEED
- Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, critical thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Creates clear documentation for methodologies and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the manager level. Understands the protection of company IPR.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in-house workshops and learning sessions.Qualifications
- 4+ years of proven experience of working with third party datasets.
- 4+ years of proven experience of working with common relational and/or non-relational databases and common web data and social data sources.
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability of developing statistics-based analytics reports.
- 2+ years Experience in the telecom industry.
- Object Oriented Design
- Bachelor's Degree: Quantitative Field (math, statistics, economics, computer science, physics, engineering, etc.)
- Masters/Advanced Degree: Quantitative Field (math, statistics, economics, computer science, physics, engineering, etc.)
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce. #LI-AS1Company Profile
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.