The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for an UX Researcher (m/f/d) for our Technology Department. In this position you will be the responsible person for all user experience research matters and support the product teams by providing user insights and coordinating design workshops. You will be the UX Research Coach and sparring partner for cross-functional stakeholder (analytics, business, design, engineering, marketing and product management) to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
What you will do:
- Continually optimize the portfolio of research methods and work independently by proactively delivering research share-outs to cross-functional stakeholders
- Encourage the understanding of the Westwing experience for different segments and identify clear opportunities Westwing can address to improve the user experience
- Conduct research on multiple aspects of products and experiences using a wide variety of methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, surveys, benchmark studies, online experiments (A/B testing)
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Contribute with Design Thinking methods to the company and ensure their applicability within the agile process
- Generate insights that fuel ideation, evaluate designs and trigger prototyping by using agile and creative techniques (e.g., Design Sprints) with the Product managers, designers and engineers
- Test the prototypes together with our customers and conduct analysis and processing of the results for the Product teams
- Continue to evangelize and champion the recommendations and opportunities after a research is complete
What you must have:
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Product Development, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Anthropology or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant ecommerce work experience in UX Research and working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Hands-on experience with conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com)
- You are organized, responsible and reliable, have good analytical skills and work independently and proactively
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- You have a proven focus on mobile and apps solutions first
- You are communicative and enjoy exchanging ideas with people and you are willing to passionately serve the needs of our users
- Fluency in German and English
What we appreciate:
- Ideally, you have in-depth knowledge of empirical social research and applied statistics
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth, professional development and high impact
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
- Entrepreneurial experience in a leading, ambitious eCommerce company
Contact Person: Yasmin Linscott
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.