Apply your software development education and experience as a senior member of our software development team to build and release Esri software technologies focused on the intersection between GIS, photogrammetry, and remote sensing for the defense and intelligence communities. You will play a senior role working with a talented team of software developers and product engineers to create, build, test, and release advanced software technologies focused on imagery users. This is an exciting opportunity to focus your programming skills on designing and building powerful tools to support a wide variety of analytical workflows involving a wide variety of imagery sources, including MS and HSI, TIR, radar, LiDAR, motion imagery, and other remotely sensed data and information.
- Understand U.S. DoD and intelligence community user requirements and develop appropriate GIS and remote sensing software for various defense and intelligence scenarios
- Develop rich image processing and analysis capabilities for multiple modalities including EO MS and HSI, TIR, radar, and motion imagery
- Develop industry-leading cloud friendly desktop and enterprise class software for common defense and intelligence workflows involving data formats such as NITF, TFRD, and MISB compliant video (FMV)
- Develop advanced image processing components, algorithms, and APIs
- Share and collaborate your experiences with other software developers and product engineers to integrate community toolkits and libraries into ArcGIS (AGITK, MSP)
- Help solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and great user experiences
- Will potentially lead development projects
- Will potentially mentor junior developers
- 15+ years of C/C++ or advanced C#/.NET software development programming
- Significant experience with remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, and/or image analysis application development
- 5+ years of development experience with high performance imagery applications
- 5+ years of software development experience working on COTS or GOTS software
- Experience in the defense and/or intelligence communities
- U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Top Secret clearance with SCI access
- Bachelor’s in computer science, geography, engineering, remote sensing, photogrammetry, or related field (master's or PhD preferred)
- Experience developing using Esri APIs
- Experience in processing pipeline optimization
- Familiarity with the NITF format and specifications
- Experience with ArcGIS, ENVI, Socet GXP, or RemoteView
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.