Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. We have developed a software solution in the field of AI and ML that will make a significant change in the efficiency of our biopharma production processes. We work in international, cross-functional teams with domain experts to explore and harness the potential of Data Science for our business. The mission is to successfully establish the software solution in our biopharmaceutical business and to further enhance it with additional models and functionality.
As Data Scientist, you are responsible to enable the business to leverage large sets of data and data analytics within the biopharma production processes. This includes designing, developing and delivering data models and products from a multitude of data sources using leading-edge technologies such as mechanistic modeling and machine learning to produce innovative solutions that help Boehringer Ingelheim turn data into business value.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Collaborate across the business to understand data, IT and business constraints
- Prioritize, scope and manage several data science projects and the corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs) for success
- Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to various data
- Actively network on a regular basis with domain experts to better understand the business mechanics that generated the data
- Identify, evaluate and implement the most appropriate algorithm for the specific challenge
- Promote collaboration and learnings with other data science teams within the organization. Encourage reuse of artifacts and best practices
- Master’s degree in computer science, data science, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data science
- Proficiency in developing predictive and prescriptive algorithms
- Experience in machine learning algorithms (e.g. Neural Networks, GBMs)
- Experience in using optimization techniques (e.g. genetic algorithms, simulated annealing)
- Experience in setting-up, administrating and querying SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Neo4j, CouchDB, etc.)
- Professional development experience with Python, experience with the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.) and good knowledge of differential equations
- Comfortable conducting statistical hypothesis testing (e.g. A/B testing)
- English working proficiency and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).
Please let the company know you found this position via
so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.